A near relative* or verifiable legal guardian may request a Ballot for a voter by coming to our office or by writing a letter and mailing it or faxing it as above. Please include:
- The voter’s name
- The Voter’s Mecklenburg County address
- The address you want us to mail the Ballot to (if it’s different)
- If the voter is registered Unaffiliated, let us know if they want a Democratic or Republican ballot (Primary only)
- The Voter's Birth Date (not required but extremely helpful)
- The Voter's phone number or email address (not required but extremely helpful)
- Your name
- Your address
- Your relationship to the voter
- Your phone number or email address
- You must sign the letter
* A near relative is defined as - spouse, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, stepparent, stepchild.
You may NOT request a Ballot for a neighbor, a friend, a boyfriend, girlfriend or fiancé. A Power of Attorney (POA) is also not recognized. You must be a near relative as defined above.
We have a lot of information on our website to help you, but we do not provide information about candidates. You will have to research the local newspapers, TV and radio stations, or contact the state and local party headquarters for that information.
The 2011 elections are for City of Charlotte, all
Townships and Board of Education offices. The Primary will held on September
13th and we must receive your Absentee Request by September 6th. We will start
mailing ballots out on August 12th. The General election will be held on
November 8th and we must receive your Absentee Request by November 1st. We will
start mailing ballots out on October 8th. Your voted ballots must be back in our
office by 5:00 PM on the day before the election to be counted on Election Day.
Your return envelope must have your signature and the
signature and complete address of a witness for the ballot to be counted. The
witness can be family members as long as they are over 18 years of age. One
standard stamp is all you need to send your ballot back to us.
SICK or PHYSICAL DISABILITY