Mecklenburg County Board of Election
First Name
Last Name  

Overseas Citizens Absentee Ballots


Overseas Citizen: Anyone living overseas, permanently or temporarily, whose last registered address in the U. S. was in Mecklenburg County. That last registered address can used to register in Mecklenburg County using a Federal Postcard Application (FPCA).

Type your first and last names in the blocks above to check your registration. If you are an Overseas Citizen, you may request your Absentee Ballot by sending us a letter as described in the Absentee Ballot section or you can send us a Federal Postcard Application (FPCA). Use the FPCA to register, change your address and /or request an Absentee Ballot. You can download the form at and it is good through the end of 2010. Send your letter or FPCA:

Mail to:
Mecklenburg County Board of Elections
Absentee Department
P.O. Box 31788
Charlotte, NC 28231


Fax to:
(704) 319-9722

Requests cannot be made by email!

We have a lot of information on our website to help you, but we do not provide information about candidates. You will have to research the local newspapers, TV and radio stations, or contact the state and local party headquarters for that information.

The 2011 elections are for City of Charlotte, all Townships and Board of Education offices. The Primary will held on September 13th and we must receive your Absentee Request by September 6th. We will start mailing ballots out on August 12th. The General election will be held on November 8th and we must receive your Absentee Request by November 1st. We will start mailing ballots out on October 8th. Your voted ballots must be back in our office by 5:00 PM on the Friday, November 11th, 2011.

Your return envelope must have your signature and the signature and complete address of a witness for the ballot to be counted. The witness can be a family member as long as they are over 18 years of age.